Saturday, June 9, 2012

Introducing the Millers!

     I've been meaning to start a blog for a long time for two reasons.  First, growing up I was always good at writing in a journal every night but after college I never seemed to make the time.  So much is happening and has happened in life that I want to remember it all.  Second, I absolutely love reading my sister in law and friends blog and seeing the updates in their lives, so if anyone is interested this is what is going on in our life!
     Scott and I have been married for almost two years.  (June 30, 2010)  It has been such a wonderful two years being married to my best friend.  Marriage can be hard, yes, but when you work together as a couple it is the best thing in the world.  We are anxiously waiting to meet our little Noah that really could come any day now.  He is due July 2nd, but we would happily welcome him early!  We bought a condo the week after we were married and could not be more grateful for the friendships we have made in our ward.  We love living in a complex that is full of young families.  Scott is working as a manager at 1-800 Contacts and will finish his degree in December from the U.  I graduated from the U last summer and just had my last day of working for who knows how many years this last week.  I am now a full time mom.  I think I have been waiting for this day since I was 10 years old.  It's crazy to think that it is finally here! 
     The last nine months have been wonderful and difficult at the same time.  We found out we were pregnant on Halloween.  We were extremely fortunate and got pregnant the first month we decided it was time to expand our family.  It is the first grandchild for the Miller side, and the fourth on the Roylance side.  Needless to say, everyone was thrilled.  My first appointment was the day before Thanksgiving.  Scott and I LOVED hearing his heartbeat and can't wait for our appointments just to hear that sound.  That weekend our life really started to change.  My mother in law, Shelley, was diagnosed for the fourth time in May 2011 with breast cancer.  This time it had metasticide to her bones and was throughout her body.  She had been doing chemotherapy and had recently been put on a heavier dose.  She went into the hospital that weekend because she was too sick and too weak to be at home.  She went back a few different times the next few weeks and ultimately sat us down as a family and told us she was ready to leave her earthly body.  She had been in pain and suffering for too long and could fight no longer.  We brought her home on a Wednesday and had hospice come.  Scott and I lived at the house for about two weeks.  We are so grateful for that time we were able to spend with our sweet mother and mother in law.  We had so many wonderful moments mixed among the very difficult ones.  It was the most spiritual experience I have ever been through.  Scott and I grew together as a couple as we leaned on eachother for comfort and support.  Shelley passed away at home on December 19, 2011.  She made sure to remind us before she passed that she would know whether it was a boy or girl before we did.  We know she is watching over Noah and the other kids that will join our family one day.  We would do anything to have Shelley back in our lives, but we know Heavenly Father has a plan.  He knows so much more than we do and can see the bigger picture.  Scott and I are grateful for the growth this experience has given to us not only as a couple, but individually as well.  We look forward to the day we get to be with our mom and mother in law again. 



 

    



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill :) I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, but also so excited to hear about your upcoming addition!! Isn't the plan of salvation incredible? Anyway, I saw a link for your blog on facebook and was reading along until suddenly I realized that your last name is Miller and I saw the picture of your mother-in-law! My husband Matt grew up in your in-laws ward and your father-in-law was his bishop. I have had a few great encounters with him--what a wonderful man! It's such a small world! You will be a great momma and I hope everything is going well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph! How are you? I have loved reading your blog! Isn't it such a small world? Your father in law came and talked to us right before Shelley passed away. He is a wonderful man as well! I hope all is well with you and Matt. Keep me updated and know you guys are in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete