Tuesday, June 26, 2012

39 Weeks


On one hand I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone, but on the other I'm dying everyday waiting to meet this little boy and time is creeping by.  When I consider the fact that I have been pregnant since the end of September 2011, I honestly can't think of what life was like not growing this little boy inside of me.  It will be so different not being pregnant, but I am so excited for my worrying to change from whether or not I feel him kicking and moving inside me to whether he is crying because he is hungry, uncomfortable or just plain tired.  I have had the best support from my husband this whole time.  He has helped me in the various ways I have needed him throughout these last nine and a half months.  I have been taking a zofran daily since about week 5 to keep the nausea manageable.  The first trimester was really bad and it was hard to find what I could even think about eating.  Second trimester got much better, although that was when I threw up the whole two times I ever did the whole pregnancy.  Third trimester the nausea came back strong, although not quite as bad as first trimester.  Overall, it's been great.  I know there are so many people that throw up alot and deal with nausea, so I very grateful I only had to deal with the nausea.  I now understand when women would say that the last few weeks can be pretty tough.  Although our bodies are meant to carry babies, towards the end of pregnancy the baby gets so big that there is alot of strain on your body.  Sleeping is pretty much a joke right now, but I guess that is just preparing me to take care of Noah!  Everyday I am hoping and praying my water will break, but I have a feeling Noah is too comfortable inside me and I will probably need to be induced.  I don't really have any contractions, at least none that are painful and obvious.  I'm dialated to a 1 1/2, but I have been that way for about the last three weeks.  I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so hopefully we will know more after that!  Posts are much more fun with pictures, so here is one of Scott and I on our honeymoon.  I can't wait to see who Noah looks more like!  Hopefully my next post will be pictures of him!

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you'll have this baby a day or two after your appointment tomorrow. When they do a check up, I swear it causes contractions and starts labor. Good luck. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acupressure!! Lol I think I told you that at your shower, but I swear that's how Duncan finally came. We are really excited for you guys, and I'm gonna have to start blog stalking you now :)

    ReplyDelete