Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Motherhood

Being a mom is wonderful and amazing, and amazing and wonderful, and wonderful and amazing!  Words don't do justice for the way I feel about being a mom to my sweet little boy and especially the blessing of staying home to take care and raise him.  When I was pregnant people that already had children would tell me, "Just wait till labor.....it's so horrible!"  Well, I waited for labor expecting the worst and ended up very much enjoying it.  It was physically a difficult thing to go through but it was such an amazing spiritual experience to bring a human being into this world.  I would go through any amount of pain to do that again.  Right after he was born people with children would tell me, "Just wait till you are up at 2 in the morning with a crying baby and you get no sleep, you are never going to sleep again!"  Well, I waited and woke up at 2 and 4 and 6 in the morning and loved cuddling with my baby as I fed him and watched him fall back asleep.  I loved being the one that was lucky enough to be able to do that.  Was I tired?  Yeah, there were times when I could hardly even keep my eyes open.  But, I would not trade it for the world and can not wait to do it again one day.  Now people with children tell me, "Just wait until he is walking.  He will get into everything and it is so hard to keep up!"  Well, I will wait for that day (but hope that time passes slowly so he can be my baby forever!) and know I will walk into the kitchen and find that he has pulled out all the napkins and cereal and whatever else he can and I will get down on the floor with him and help him pull more stuff out.  I feel so blessed, truely blessed to be a mother.  I have become very aware recently of the struggle of infertility of so many people that are around me.  Some I know well, some I don't.  It truely breaks my heart for them.  I wish I could bare them a child just to give them the opportunity for motherhood.  I know the Lord has a plan for everyone, but even without struggling with infertility I would have to say I think that would be one of the most difficult ones to bare.  I pray for those of you that infertility effects.  I see children that are mistreated by their mother in public, and I can only imagine the kind of home life they must have.  I know there are so many out there that long to give a baby a wonderful home.  That is the reason I want to have so many children.  Because I know I can love them with all my heart.  Even if I can not give them everything physically that I wish I could, I know I can give them me.  I know there are so many other women that are the same but have not been given the opportunity.  I will continue to pray that something will come into your lives that will give you that opportunity.  My son brings me joy that is indescribable and I want everyone that wants that to feel the same.  As mothers and women, lets talk about how wonderful it is to have motherhood in our lives and remember that there are women out there that long to have what we have been blessed to have.










I love him so much

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, just found your blog on Facebook in a news feed and I just love this post. It's so refreshing to hear someone say positive things about motherhood. I felt the same way when I got married. Everyone told me how bad it would get in a few months and that just wasn't true. You're right so many women struggle and we should be grateful for the blessings we have. Cute boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved what you said Jill, so true. Being a mother is the most rewarding amazing experience I am blessed to have on this earth! I love being a mom more than anything. To the moms who have hard days or have children with more particular needs than most ( and yes I am one of them lol), it's ok to be a tired mommy that confides in other moms about the struggles you face. Our hard times are what make us stronger better moms and help us appreciate all that we have. You are right we have to be careful not to take our great gift of being a mom for granted, but I also think we need to make sure to be there and support all mommy's no matter what their trials may be whether that be infertility, sleepless nights, tantrums, or one of the many other difficulties life throws at us. He is so cute Jill, I can't wait to hold him again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine that motherhood is extremely difficult, but it's so nice to see women who LOVE it and don't take it for granted! Your little man is adorable, so it's not hard to imagine why you're smitten! :)

    ReplyDelete